Adapted from Ina Garten’s Thumbprint Cookies
After seeing that Stonewall Kitchens had a Sugarplum jam, I knew I had to make something special for Christmas. Ina’s thumbprints are so buttery, they play off of the preserves or jam well. I also sprinkled some sparkling sugar on top to make them even more like sugar plums. I haven’t really perfected these yet. I’m not sure what they need to look extra pretty yet, but they certainly taste good! I know some people roll thumbprints in coconut or nuts. I’m going to keep experimenting and when I find the right thing, I’ll let you know!
Sugarplum Thumbprint CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Buttery cookie with sugarplum jam and sparkling sugar
1 1/2 cup Butter (3 sticks), softened
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
Sugarplum jam (Stonewall Kitchens)
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until just combined and add vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix until combined and dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Using your thumb, make a small indent into each cookie. Fill indent with 1/2 tsp of sugarplum jam. Lightly sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.