After making these with apple butter, I found pumpkin butter at Target and decided that I need to try pumpkin. You can also make pumpkin butter at home, though that kind of ruins the quick and easy part of this recipe. These come together so quickly and make a great fall treat.
Pumpkin Butter Oatmeal Crumb BarsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) Butter, softened
1 cup Pumpkin Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease or spray with cooking spray a 9×9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients. Then add butter and mix until full combined. Mixture will look like loose crumbs.
- Press a little over half of mixture into bottom of pan. Using back of spoon or bottom of glass, press mixture firmly.
- Spread with pumpkin butter. Then, cover with rest of crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.