Adapted from Platter Talk Oatmeal Apple Butter Bars
These bars come together very quickly and are such a great thing to bring for a fall potluck, for tailgating, or for a treat after the kids come home from school. These are also amazing with caramel and/or ice cream on top. Cinnamon Ice Cream on top would blow people away! Because there is no chopping or peeling and is served at room temperature, this is so much easier to prepare and serve than apple crisp!
The dough looks like loose crumbs when mixed.
Oatmeal Apple Butter BarsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Quick and easy Fall Favorite!
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup Butter (softened)
1 cup Apple Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Degree F.
- Grease 9×9 inch pan with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, or in bowl of a stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients. Then, mix in butter until fully combined. Texture will be loose crumbs.
- Press a little over one half of mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Spread with apple butter. Then sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake 35 minutes until golden brown on top. Cool completely and cut into squares.