Adapted from Julies Eats and Treats
In honor of the first day back at school, I knew I needed to make something with apples. I also love the cinnamon streusel topping because it feels like the beginning of fall.
Tips and Suggestions:
This is such a perfect and quick fall treat. I love it for breakfast, taking along for apple picking or to the pumpkin patch, or makes a great teacher gift. This would also be great to bring tailgating! I prefer to use Honeycrisp apples, but any apple that will hold up to baking will do (i.e. Grannysmith, etc.).
This bread comes together quickly and bakes up light and fluffy. You can also freeze the bread to enjoy later.
Apple Streusel BreadCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Cinnamon Apple Quick Bread with Streusel Topping
2 cups Apple, peeled and diced (about 3 medium sized)
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
- For Streusel Topping:
2 TBSP Butter, melted
2 TBSP Brown Sugar, firmly packed
2 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs in a stand mixer. Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together and then add to butter mixture just until moistened. Lightly mix apples in and pour into greased bread pan.
- Mix streusel ingredients together and sprinkle on top of bread.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and slice.
- This bread and easily be frozen.